Board of Women's Work
The Annual General Meeting was held on 16th February 2022 under the patronage of Rt. Revd. Keerthisiri Fernando through zoom conference facility. The first committee meeting was held on 24th February 2022 at the Cathedral of Christ the King Kurunegala and the annual programme was planned.
Church Women's Society organized the Sunday service on 13th March 2022, in commemoration of International Women's Day.
Our aims are:
• Provide vocational training to under privileged women to begin a domestic industry which would provide their households with economic stability.
• To find our own funding for the above project without obtaining assistance from the Diocese.
• To assist the above families by providing the necessary equipment to start the domestic industry of their choice.
Workshops & Training Programs
As planned in our program for the year, we conducted three workshops in which we learnt how to make Date Wine, Grape Wine, Christmas cake, various kinds of Chutney and Manioc Cutlets. It has been planned that these products would be prepared and provided by the women for their churches.
A tailoring course was conducted with the assistance of the Vocational Institute of Holy Emmanuel Church, Hanguranketa. A course in Fabric Painting was held at St. Andrews Church, Gampola. Many women participated and have taken interest in teaching others the skill. The women's Board sponsored three of our women for this training program.
Women's Fairs (Kithu Kantha Pola)
We have been successfully conducting fairs in our parishes such as the Kurunagala Pola, Getambe Pola, Gampola Pola, etc, to collect funds for our projects.
Annual Bible Quiz
With the participation of thirteen teams we were able to achieve our goal of improving the Bible knowledge of our members.
World Women's Day Celebrations
Instead of having one service in the Diocese to celebrate this day, this year, we had our members conduct services in their own Parishes. With the guidance of the Priest-in-charge, they participated where ever possible in the Holy Communion Service. By this our aim of involving our members in ministerial activity was achieved.
The Bi-annual Meeting
This was held at the Cathedral of Christ the King, Kurunagala. A special lecture on counseling was held on that day.
Lenten Bible Studies
Our members conducted a series of Lenten Bible Studies and prayer meetings in the homes of their parishioners.
Our Future Programmes
• To work hard to develop the standard of the House Churches of our Diocese.
• To spread the Love of Jesus by helping the inmates of our Elders' Homes and Orphanages by providing for their urgent and counseling needs.
• To conduct Health Camps to help the sick.
• To share the practical knowledge we gained through training and workshops with the women of our House Churches.